Potato Apple Hash
Serves 2 – 4
This is a hash that is an easy, crispy conglomeration of chopped apples and potatoes sautéed with some onions and olive oil and thyme until they’re the perfect amount of tender and crunchy. It is a delicious plate full of fall flavors, just begging to be topped with a poached or fried egg.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 large Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
- 1 large Gala apple, cored & diced
- 1tsp dried thyme
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a deep skillet.
- Sauté the onions until tender and translucent, about 4 minutes
- Add the potatoes and sauté for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add the apple and thyme. Sauté for 5 minutes then pour in the vegetable broth to deglaze the pan. Sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt & pepper. Serve.
Sales and Operations Director
+1 (509) 225.2610
Director of Business Development
+1 (919) 981.8048
There are as many ways to enjoy our delicious apples as there are varieties of apples. Let us help point you in the right direction with our collection of family recipes featuring Washington Family Farms apples.
Copyright © Washington Family Farms. All Rights Reserved.