Apple Chicken Salad with Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing
Serves 4 – 6
We know you are going to love this vibrant apple chicken salad! The hint of lemon from the fresh juice and zest really make the flavors pop. Honey Crisp apples are perfect to complement the chicken and savory celery, while pairing nicely with the plump little sweet bites of raisins. So versatile, we suggest you enjoy on a variety of breads, or tucked into lettuce for fun little wraps.
- 2 ½ cups chopped cooked chicken (about 1 pound)
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 ½ cups Honey Crisp apple, cored and diced
- ¾ cup golden raisins
- 1 cup chopped green onions, white and green parts
- 1-8 ounce can diced water chestnuts, drained
Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing:
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons (light) mayonnaise
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- salt to taste
1. Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Whisk together dressing ingredients. Fold into the salad and stir until the salad is moist.
3. Salad can be served immediately, but is best if it sits several hours or overnight for flavors to marry.
Serve with assorted breads or as lettuce wraps.
Suggestion: To make this salad in a flash, bone a rotisserie chicken which will also have added flavor!
Edited for LM Produce by Wendy Perry
Sales and Operations Director
+1 (509) 225.2610
Director of Business Development
+1 (919) 981.8048
There are as many ways to enjoy our delicious apples as there are varieties of apples. Let us help point you in the right direction with our collection of family recipes featuring Washington Family Farms apples.
Copyright © Washington Family Farms. All Rights Reserved.